Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Dadlosophies is Back!

Hello long-lost friends! OK, you weren't exactly lost, I was. For the past year much of my time has been devoted to finishing my new book CAVEMEN IN BABYLAND: What New & Expecting Mommies Should Know About New Daddies (So That They Won't Kill Them).

The book is written from many of my own "near-death" experiences. It's meant to make readers laugh and hopefully provide moms with a legitimately helpful inside look into the hearts and minds of us dads. After almost 15 years of marriage and 5 kids, Lord knows I've learned a few things--most of them the hard way.

People sometimes ask me, "Kindred, what is it like to have 5 kids?" I tell 'em that it's a lot like being Willy Wonka in the Chocolate Factory if all the oompa loompas were on crack. You're a little eccentric having been isolated from most adults, you're constantly surrounded by weird-behaving little people who'd love to have their hands on candy all day, and you don't really care how ridiculous your attire looks so long as it doesn't smell yet.

Anyway, the point is that I'm back. Ready to share my dadlosophies on life. Whether or not that's a good thing is for you to judge. Regardless, it will be fun for me and, with so many little ones running around, quite therapeutic.

No comments:

Post a Comment